- Name search
The Proposed name must be searched and reserved. The name must bear the words Public limited company or PLC.
Application for reservation of a name are made filling out Form CR 14 and be accompanied with the prescribed fee. Have three company name for search and approval
- Name search
Documents for registration of a public company.
Memorandum and Articles of Association – The Memorandum of the company highlights the objectives of the company, or you can adopt section 26 of the company Act 2015 where the objectives of the company are unlimited. The Articles of the company should specify.
- That the shareholders are free to transfer their shares to members of the public.
- The company may issue prospectus to the public inviting them to purchase in the shares of the company.
- The shareholders in the company shall not be less than Seven shareholders.
- There are no restrictions in transfer of shares to the public.
- There may be not less than three directors in the company
Once the Memorandum and articles are prepared the applicant shall execute and the following documents:
– Application for registration of a Public Limited company.
– memorandum for a company with a share capital.
– Notice of Residential address of the Directors.
– Application for registration of company .
– Statement of nominal capital – Declaration of Nominal Capital of the company.
3. Appointment of company Secretary. All public company are required to appoint a certified secretary
The Registrar shall thereafter issue the company with a certificate of Incorporation .
Requirements for registration of a Public Company in Kenya.
- Proposed company name for name search approval.
- Objectives of the Company. The nature of Business / activities the company shall
- Names of the shareholders in Full.
- Names of the Directors in full if different from the shareholders.
- Postal addresses, Email address and Telephone Number of the shareholders and Directors.
- Number of shares to be held by each shareholder.
- Proposed Physical address of the company and the Directors. The Physical Address includes road, plot number,
- Copy of ID / Passport of the Shareholders / Directors.
- Passport photos of the Shareholders / Directors.
- Copy of iTax PIN certificate of the Shareholders / Directors.
We provide the following services to our clients in East Africa:
Incorporations, Business registration, Company secretarial, Bank account opening, Registered office, Serviced office, Work permits/visas, Accounting/bookkeeping, Payments/Treasury, Tax compliance, Tax advisory, Audit, HR services & payroll, Trustee services, Private funds structures, Family office services, Resident directorships, Technology/IT infrastructure services, and Virtual CFO
As a regional expert provider of corporate services, Ocl business associates helps corporates and private clients seamlessly advance their businesses and interests in difficult-to-navigate markets in east Africa .A single Infrastructure for Africa-wide Expansion. Start, Scale and Operate your business in every east African country.
contact ocl business associates for public company registration in Kenya